|About the author:
||Chornokulskyy I.S., Tchaikovsky J.B., Boyko M.I., Bazalytska S.
|Type of article
||155 samples of healthy donors and infertile men ejaculate were examined at the light and ultrastructural levels in order to determine morphological parameters of spermogram which is important to assess the potential of male fertility. It was determined that the most significant, statistically significant indicator is the pathology of the sperm head, the percentage of which is 2.5 times higher in the group of male patients with infertility. Among the pathological varieties of heads the difference between the rates and forms with a small head and amorphous forms of vacuolised acrosome dominated - more than 3 times between groups. All other indicators of detailed pathologic sperm infertility were in about 2 times higher than in healthy donors. It was also found that in electron microscopic study the percentage of sperm pathological forms was higher due to better visualization of male gametes ultrastructure.
||Sperm Morphology, Sperm Parameters, Sperm Ultrastructure
- Aitken R.J. The diagnosis of male infertility by semen quality: On the nature of semen quality and infertility / R.J. Aitken, H.W.G. Baker, D.S. Irvine // Hum. Reprod. - 1995, Vol. 10, P.248-250.
- Chemes E. Historical survey of research on spermatozoa from antiquity to the present / E. Chemes, Rawe Y.Joel // Fertility Disturbances in Men and Women. Basel. Karger, - 1971, 3p.
- David S. Sperm Morphology, Motility, and Concentration in Fertile and Infertile Men / S. David Guzick, W. James Overstreet, Pam Factor-Litvak [et al.] // N Engl J Med - 2001,Vol. 345, P.1388-1393.
- Kruger T.F. Sperm morphology features as a prognostic factorin in vitro fertilization / T.F. Kruger, R. Menkveld [et al.] // Fertil Steril - 1986, Vol. 46,118 p.
- Menkveld R. The evaluation of morphological characteristics of human spermatozoa according to stricter criteria / R. Menkveld, F.S. Stander, T.J. Kotze [et al.] // Hum. Reprod. - 1990, Vol.5, P. 586-592.
- Menkveld R. Advantages of strict (Tygerberg) criteria for evaluation of sperm morphology / R. Menkveld, T.F. Kruger // Int. J. Androl., - 1995, Vol.18,P.36-42.
- Ombelet W. Sperm morphology assessment: historical review in relation to fertility / W. Ombelet, R. Menkveld, T.F. Kruger [et al.] // Hum. Reprod. Update - 1995,Vol. 1, P.543-557.
- Oehninger S. Semen quality is there a paternal effect on pregnancy outcome in in-vitro fertilization intracytoplasmic sperm injection? / S. Oehninger, S. Chaturvedi, J. Toner [et al.] // Hum Reprod - 1998, Vol. 13, P. 2161-2164.
- WHO laboratory manual for the examination of human semen and sperm-cervical mucus interaction. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. - 1999, P.4-33.
- WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. - 2010, P.287.
- Zini A. Correlations between two markers of sperm DNA integrity, DNA denaturation and DNA fragmentation, in fertile and infertile men / A. Zini, R. Bielecki, D. Phang [et al.] // Fertil. Steril., - 2001, Vol.75, P.674-677.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(42) 2 part 2013 year, 108-115 pages, index UDK 616.697:612.616.2