|About the author:
||Maksymyuk H. V., Vorobets Z. D., Maksymyuk V. M.
|Type of article
||The research was conducted in order to identify relationship of concentration of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines to the quality parameters of sperm. The trend to a positive correlation between the concentrations of IL-6 and IL-10 (r = 0,45) and concentration of sperm was found; IL-8 (r = 0,52) to the viscosity of semen, IL-10 (r = 0,50) – to the number of motile cells. Trend to negative correlation between IL-6 (r = -0,42) and IL-8 (r = -0,55) with the number of live spermatozoa was present, but IL-10 (r = -0,70) was close to the volume of semen. Strong positive correlation between concentration parameters of cytokines was observed in groups of IL-8 and IL-6 (r = 0,74) and IL-10 and IL-6 (r = 0,72) in the researched semen ejaculates. The studies suggest that increased concentration of IL-6 and IL-8 results in decreasing semen quality. This might be related to the processes that lead to men infertility. The increased concentration of IL-10 in the ejaculates optimizes the parameters of spectrogram.
||fertile and infertile men, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10
- Dousset B. Seminal cytokine concentrations (IL-1beta, IL-2, IL-6, sR IL-2, sR IL-6), semen parameters and blood hormonal status in male infertility / B. Dousset, F. Hussenet, M. Daudin [et. al.] // Hum. Reprod. – 1997. – Vol.12(7). – P.1476-1479.
- Dziadecki W. Interleukin 6 and interleukin 8 concentrations in seminal plasma of male with seminogram abnormalities / W. Dziadecki, An. Celinska, S. Fracki [et al.] // Central European Journal of Immunology. - 2010. - №35(3). - Р. 162-167.
- Eggert-Kruse W. Relationshipof seminal plasma interleukin (IL)-8 and IL-6 with semen quality / W. Eggert-Kruse, R. Boit, G. Rohr [et al.] // Hum. Reprod. - 2001. - Vol.16, №3. - P. 517-528.
- Furuya Y. Fas and interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 levels in seminal plasma of infertile men / Y. Furuya, T. Akash, H. Fuse //Arch. Androl.- 2003.- Vol.49. -P. 449-452.
- Koumantakis E. Increased levels of interleukin-8 in human seminal plasma / E. Koumantakis, I. Matalliotakis, D. Kyriakou [et al.] //Androl. - 1998. – Vol.30. – P. 339-343.
- Legue F. IL-6 a key cytokine in vitro and in vivo response of Sertoli cells to external gamma irradiation / F. Legue, N. Guitton, V. Brouazin-Jousseaume [et al.] // Cytokine. – 2001- Vol.16. - P. 232-238.
- Nandipati K. C. Relationship of interleukin-6 with semen characteristics and oxidative stress in vasectomy reversal patients / K. C. Nandipati, F. F. Pasqualotto, A. J. Thomas [et al.] // Andrologia. - 2005. - Vol. 37. - P.131-134.
- Qian Li. The relationship between IL-17 and male infertility: semen analysis / Li Qian, Shi Qingxi, Gu Yang [et al.] //African Journal of Microbiology Research.- 2012- Vol. 6(27). – P. 5672-5677.
- Sanocka D. Male genital tract inflammation; the role of selected interleukins in regulation of pro-oxidant and antioxidant enzymatic substances in seminal plasma / D. Sanocka, P. Jedrzejczak, A. Szumala-Kakol [et al.] //J. Androl. - 2003. - Vol. 24. - P. 448-455.
- WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen //5th ed. - 2010. - 265 p.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(51) 1 part 2015 year, 059-063 pages, index UDK 616.155.3-097.36:616.69-008.8-074