|About the author:
||Paramonova K., Golichenko A., Babiy S., Shtemenko A., Shtemenko N.
|Type of article
||The interaction of DNA with the cluster compounds of rhenium (III) three structural types differ in the number and orientation of organic ligands around the cluster fragment Re26+ has been studied by electron spectroscopy. The mechanism of interaction of cis-, trans- dicarboxylates and tetracarboxylates of derhenium (III) with a supercoiled polynucleotide by covalent bonding, the formation of the complex compound of rhenium (III) - nucleobase with subsequent unwinding of the helix DNA was confirmed. It is shown that this interaction is different at low and high concentrations of cluster compounds of rhenium and for different structural types of complexes. Redox activation of the interaction between DNA and rhenium compounds, which may explain the previously shown a synergistic or additive anticarcinogenic effect of rhenium and platinum compounds, has been shown.
||cluster compounds of rhenium(III), DNA, unwinding DNA, redox activation
- Angeles-Boza A. M. DNA binding and photocleavage in vitro by new dirhodium(II) dppz complexes: Correlation to cytotoxicity and photocytotoxicity / A. M. Angeles-Boza, P. M. Bradley, K.-L. Patty [et al.] // Inorg. Chem. – 2004. – Vol. 43. – P. 8510–8519.
- Chouai A. Ruthenium(II) complexes of 1,12-diazaperylene and their interactions with DNA / A. Chouai, S. E. Wicke, C. Turro [et al.] // Inorg. Chem. – 2005. – Vol. 44. – P. 5996–6003.
- Golichenko A. A. Cluster Rhenium(III) Complexes with Adamantanecarboxylic Acids: Synthesis and Properties / A. A. Golichenko, A. V. Shtemenko // Rus. J. Coord. Chem. – 2006. – Vol. 32. – P. 242–249.
- Graf N. Redox activation of metal-based prodrugs as a strategy for drug delivery / N. Graf, S. J. Lippard // Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev. – 2012. – Vol. 64. – P. 993–1004.
- Jakupec M. A. Antitumour metal compounds: more than theme and variations / M. A. Jakupec, M. Galanski, V. B. Arion [et al.] // Dalton Trans. – 2008. – Vol. 44. – P. 183–194.
- Keck M. V. Unwinding of supercoiled DNA by platinum-ethidium relate complexes / M. V. Keck, S. J. Lippard // J. Am. Chem. Soc. – 1992. – Vol. 114. – P. 3386–3390.
- Kumar L. Synthesis, characterization, antioxidant, antimicrobial, DNA binding and cleavage studies of mononuclear Cu(II) and Co(II) complexes of 3-hydroxy-N'-(2-hydroxybenzylidene)-2-naphthohydrazide / L. Kumar, K. S. Prasad // Eur. J. Chem. – 2011. – Vol. 2. – P. 394–403.
- Liu J. Synthesis, DNA-binding and cleavage studies of macrocyclic copper(II) complexes / J. Liu, T. Zhang, T. Lu [et al.] // Dalton Trans. – 2003. – Vol. 28. – P. 114–119.
- Lawrence D. Synthesis, characterization and DNA binding studies of two mixed ligand complexes of ruthenium(II) / D. Lawrence, V. G. Vaidyanathan, B. U. Nair // J. Inorg. Biochem. – 2006. – Vol 100. – P. 1244–1251.
- Lal B. Synthesis, characterization and antitumor activity of new ferrocene incorporated N, N′-disubstituted thioureas / B. Lal, A. Badshah, A. A. Altaf [et al.] // Dalton Trans. – 2012. – Vol. 41. – P. 14643–14650.
- Nagle P. S. Understanding the DNA binding of novel non-symmetrical guanidinium/2-aminoimidazolinium derivatives / P. S. Nagle, S. J. Quinn, J. M. Kelly [et al.] // Org. Biomol. Chem. – 2010. – Vol. 8. – P. 5558–5567.
- Ott I. Non platinum metal complexes as anti-cancer drugs / I. Ott, R. Gust // Arch. Pharm. – 2007. – Vol. 340. – P. 117-126.
- Shtemenko N. Dichlorotetra-µ-isobutiratodirhenium(III): Enhancement of Cisplatin Action and KBC – stabilizing Properties / N. Shtemenko, P. Collery, A. Shtemenko // Anticancer Research – 2007. – Vol.27 – P. 2487–2492.
- Shen H.-Y. In Vitro Study of DNA Interaction with Trichlorobenzenes by Spectroscopic and Voltammetric Techniques / H.-Y. Shen, X.-L. Shao, H. Xu [et al.] // Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. – 2011. – Vol.6. – P. 532–547.
- Shtemenko N. Synthesis, X-ray structure, interactions with DNA, remarkable in vivo tumor growth suppression and nephroprotective activity of cis-tetrachloro-dipivalato dirhenium(III) / N. Shtemenko, H. T. Chifotides, K. V. Domasevitch [et al.] // J. Inorg. Biochem. – 2013. – Vol. 129. – P. 127–134.
- Shtemenko A. V. Synthesis and X-ray crystal structure of the dirhenium complex Re2(i-C3H7CO2)4Cl2 and its interactions with the DNA purine nucleobases / A. V. Shtemenko, H. T. Chifotides, D. E. Yegorova [et al.] // J. of Inorg. Biochem. – 2015. – Vol. 153. – P. 114-120.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №2(56), 2016 year, 140-144 pages, index UDK 577.113.4:546.719