|About the author:
||Sorokina O.G., Liadova T.I.
|Type of article
||The family of herpes group viruses occupy one of the leading places in the structure of infectious diseases in terms of prevalence, the complexity of diagnosis and treatment. The Epstein-Barr virus (VEB) belongs to the Herpesviridae family and is a type 4 herpes virus. Infections caused by this virus are the most common and occupy an important place in the structure of diseases of herpesvirus etiology. As the results of epidemiological studies indicate, until reaching adulthood, approximately 90% of people are infected with VEB.
The global spread of the VEB and the polymorphism of the symptoms makes it necessary to study this pathology in detail.
The aim of this work was to study the impact of the polymorphism of the interleukin-28 gene on the course of the сhronic VEB-infection (CVEBI). We observed 158 people. 128 of them were patients with СVEBI, the main clinical manifestations of which were various immunopathological and immunodeficient conditions. Among the patients with СVEBI, two clinical groups were identified. Group I included 52 patients (40,6%) with frequent recurrences of СVEBI (3 or more exacerbations per year), as well as patients with persistently present clinical symptoms. In the II group 76 patients (59,4%) with rare recurrences of СVEBI (1-2 exacerbations per year) were included. The comparison group included 30 patients who had VEB - infection in anamnesis, but who did not have any complaints at the time of the study (group III).
As a result of the conducted studies, we found that the dominant genotype of IL-28B rs12979860 is the СС genotype, which is more often detected in patients with rare recurrent СVEBI, and also in the comparison group. Analysis of the locus IL-28B rs8099917 allowed to establish a high frequency of verification of the TT genotype in patients with rare recurrences of СVEBI and in the comparison group, whereas in the group of patients with frequent relapses such combination was significantly less frequent. The frequency of non-random combination of alleles CC and TT at the locus rs12979860 and rs8099917, respectively, in patients with rare recurrences of СVEBI, as well as in the comparison group, was much higher than in the group of persons with frequent recurrences of СVEBI, while other combinations were much less common. As a result of the study, no combinations of the TT genotype at the locus rs12979860 IL-28B with the TT, TG and GG genotypes at the locus rs8099917 were found among the patients of the comparison group, whereas in the group of patients with СVEBI such combinations were noted, and in patients with frequent relapses such combinations were encountered more often. These combinations of genotypes possibly can be used in making the prognosis of the course of the disease.
||infectious mononucleosis, Epstein-Barr virus infection, genotype, cytokine, interleukin-28, the polymorphism of genes, frequency of relapses, prognosis
- Bell M. J. Widespread sequence variation in Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 influences the antiviral T cell response / M. J. Bell, R. Brennan, J. J. Miles [et al.] // The Journal of Infectious Diseases. -2008. - №197. - P. 1594–1597.
- Bagert B. A. Epstein-Barr virus in multiple sclerosis / B. A Bagert. // Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. – 2009. – №9. – P. 405-410.
- Bibert S. IL28B expression depends on a novel TT/-G polymorphism which improves HCV clearance prediction. / S. Bibert, T. Roger, T. Calandra, W.Roger [et al.] // The Journal of Experimental Medicine. – 2013. – Vol.210. – P. 1109-1116.
- Chang C. The Extent of Genetic Diversity of Epstein-Barr Virus and its Geographic and Disease Patterns: A Need for Reappraisa / C. Chang, K. Yu, S. Mbulaiteye, W. Chang [et al.] // Virus Research. – 2009. - №142. - P. 209–221.
- Cen О. Latent Membrane Protein 2 (LMP2) / О. Cen, R. Longnecker. // Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology – 2015. - №391. - P. 151–180.
- Egorova N. U. Znachenie markerov gerpeticheskih virusov dlj ocenki sostojanija zdorovja detej / N. U. Egorova, F. S. Harlamova, V. F. Uchajkin [et al.] // Detskie infekcii. - 2008. - № 2. - P. 16 - 21.
- Fomin V. V. О vozmognih mehanizmah giperchuvstvitel’nosti nemedlennogo tipa pri infekcionnom mononukleoze u detej / V. V. Fomin, Е. Е. Udilova // Ural. Med.zhurn. - 2007. - № 3. - P. 14 - 20.
- Franco S. IL28B SNP rs8099917 is strongly associated with pegylated interferonalpha and ribavirin therapy treatment failure in HCV/HIV-1 coinfected patients / S. Franco. // Public Library of Science. – 2010. – Vol. 5. –13771 p.
- Fukuda M. Role of the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif of latent membrane protein 2A (LMP2A) in Epstein-Barr virus LMP2A-induced cell transformation. / M. Fukuda, Y. Kawaguchi. // Journal Virology. - 2014. - №88. - P. 5189–5194.
- Griffin B. D. EBV BILF1 evolved to downregulate cell surface display of a wide range of HLA class I molecules through their cytoplasmic tail / B. D. Griffin, A. M. Gram, A. Mulder [et al.] // Journal Immunology. - 2013. - №190. - P. 1672–1684.
- Hmilevsskaya S. А. Kliniko-laboraatornie osobennosti CMV-virusnogo mononucleoza / S. А. Hmilevskaya, I. А. Zajceva, Е. V.Mihajlova // Aktual’nie voprosi infekcionnoj patologii I vakcinoprofilaktiki: mater. VI kongr. Detskih infekcionistov Rossii. - М. - 2007.- 103 p.
- Isakov V. A. Gerpes pathogen I laboratornaja diagnostika / V.A. Isakov, V.V. Borisova, D. V. Isakov // SPb.: - 1999 – 190 p.
- Jill E. R. The Intersection of Epstein-Barr Virus with the Germinal Center / E. R. Jill, A. David // Journal of Virology. – 2009. – Vol. 83. – №8. – P. 3968-3976.
- Kann N.Yu. Value of persistent herpesvirus infection in the formation of secondary immunodeficiency in frequently ill children / N. Yu. Kann // Neonatal Sepsis/Infection – Journal of Neonatal Nursing. – 2008. – No. 2. – P. 64-66.
- Kann N. U. Znachenie persestiruyushchej gerpesvirusnoj infekcii v formirovanii vtorichnogo immunodeficita u chastoboleushchih detej / N. U. Kann // Detskie infekcii. - 2008. - № 2. - P. 64 - 66.
- Mukke N. A. HHV-6 associrovannaya infekciya v structure lihoradochnih zabolevanij u detej i podrostkov / N. А. Mukke, I. V. Zubkova // Voprosi. sovremennoj pediatrii. - 2006. -№ 1. - P. 401.
- Novosad Е. V. Infekcionnij mononukleoz, associirovannij s virusom gerpesa 6 tipa / Е. V. Novosad, О. V. Shamsheva, N. D. L’vov // Detskie infekcii. - 2008.-№1.-P. 36-38.
- Rauch A. Genetic variation in IL28B is associated with Chronic Hepatitis C and treatment failure: a genome-wide association study. / A. Rauch // Gastroenterology. – 2010. – Vol.138. – № 4. – P.18-45.
- Suppiah V. IL28B is associated with response to chronic hepatitis C interferon-alpha and ribavirin therapy / V. Suppiah //Monography Genetics. – 2009. – № 41. – P. 1100-1104.
- Tanaka Y. Genome-wide association of IL28B with response to pegylated interferon-alpha and ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitis C / Y. Tanaka //Monography Genetics. – 2009. – № 41. – P.1105-1109.
- Thorley-Lawson D. A. The pathogenesis of Epstein-Barr virus persistent infection / D. A. Thorley-Lawson, J. B. Hawkins, S. I. Tracy [et al.] // Current Opinion in Virology. - 2013. - №3. - P. 227–232.
- Uchajkin V. F. Rukovodstvo po infekcionnim boleznyam u detej / V. F. Uchajkin - М.: GEOTAR Меdicina. - 1999. - 824 p.
- Vozianova G. І. Infekcijnij mononukleoz yak polietiologichne zahvoruvannya / G. І. Vozianova, G. І. Glej // Suchasni infekcii. – 2004. – № 2. – P. 37-41.
- Zheleznikova G. F. Immunological criteria for prescribing immunocorrecting drugs for infectious mononucleosis in children / G. F. Zheleznikova, V. V.Ivanova, A. S. Levina [et al.] // Allergology and Immunology. – 2006. – № 3. – P.123-127.
- Zhou L. IL-29/IL-28A suppress HSV-1 infection of human NT2-N neurons. / L. Zhou, Li Jieliang, Xu Wang [et al.] // Journal of NeuroVirology – 2011. – Vol. 17. – № 3. – P. 212-219.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(61), 2017 year, 068-072 pages, index UDK 616.98-097:578.825.13]:575.22