|About the author:
|Type of article
||During the period of 2011-2017, 170 patients with complicated forms of CP were operated on in the Department of General Surgery of the Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Clinical Hospital. In 11 out of 170 patients (6.5%) the method of the surgical choice was the Whipple operation (the main group). The immediate and long-term outcomes of this operation were compared with the similar results in 61 out of 170 patients (35.9%) who were applied duodenum-saving resection operations (the comparison group). In patients with CP, in whom it was impossible to exclude malignant process in the pancreatic head, the Whipple operation should be considered as the operation of choice. The analysis of the immediate and long-term outcomes of the Whipple operation in patients with complicated forms of CP shows that this intervention is effective, gives a stable clinical effect. Patients undergoing pancreatic-duodenal resection because of CP, the level of early postoperative complications, long-term consequences and life quality indicators do not significantly differ from similar figures after duodenum-preserving surgical interventions.
||chronic pancreatitis, Whipple operation, pancreatic enteroanastomosis, biliary hypertension, chronic duodenal obstruction
- Prosolenko KA. Curation of patients with chronic pancreatitis according to the latest Ukrainian standards. Vestn. kluba pancreatologov. 2016; 2 (31): 5-11.
- Dronov OI, Kovalska IO, Shvets YuP et al. Composition of bile in patients with chronic pancreatitis. Clin.khirurhiya. 2013;5: 14 -17.
- Krivoruchko IA. Duodenosecretory resections of the pancreatic head in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Suchasni medychni tekhnolohiyi. 2011; 3-4: 195.
- Beger HG, Matsuno S, Cameron JL. Diseases of the Pancreas. Springer Verlag. 2008: 905.
- Momi N, Kaur S, Krishn SR. Discovering the route from inflammation to pancreatic cancer. Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol. 2012; 58 (4): 283-297.
- Kubyshkin VA, Kriger AG, KozlovIA et al. Tactics of surgical treatment of patients with chronic pancreatitis. Khirurgiya. Journal named after NI Pirogov. 2013; 1:17-24.
- Zaporozhchenko BS, Gorbunov AA, Muravyov PT. The choice of the optimal method of surgical treatment of patients with various forms of chronic pancreatitis. Klin.khirurgiya. 2014; 1.2: 49-51.
- Hildebrand P, Dudertadt S, Czymek R. Different surgical strategies for chronic pancreatitis significantly improve long-term outcome: a comparative single center study. European Journal of Medical Research. 2010; 15 (8): 351-356.
- RiedigerH, Adam U, Fischer E. Long-term Outcome After Resection for Chronic Pancreatitis in 224 Patients. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2007; 11: 949-960.
- Strate T, Taherpour Z, Bloechle C. Long-term follow-up of a randomized trial comparing the beger and frey procedures for patients suffering from chronic pancreatitis. Annals of Surgery. 2005; 241: 591-598.
- Kopchak VM, Khomyak IV, Cheverdiuk DA. Surgical treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Kharkivska khirurhichna shkola. 2009; 2.1 (33): 124-125.
- Ahmad SA, Edwards MJ, Sutton JM. Factors influencing readmission after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a multi-institutional study of 1302 patients. Annals of Surgery. 2012; 256 (3): 529-537.
- Callery MP, Pratt WB, Kent TS. A prospectively validated clinical risk score accurately predicts pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomy. Journal of the American College of Surgery. 2013; 216 (1): 11-14.
- Pastena de M, Malleo G, Machegiani G et al. Postoperative infectious complications as potential negative predictors: Analysis of 600 consecutive pancreaticoduodenectomies. Pancreatology. 2016; 16(3.1): 108.
- Okano K, Suzuki Y. Postoperative infectious complications after pancreatic resection: Proposal of a nomogram for predicting the risk. HPB: the official journal of the International HepatoPancreatoBiliaryAssociation. 2016; 18 (1): 81.
- Veligotsky NN, Veligotsky AN, Arutiunov SE. Surgical aspects of treatment of obstructive diseases of the pancreatoduodenal zone. Perioperative complications. Zdorovya Ukrayiny. Onkolohiya. 2016; 2 (43): 48-19.
- Hildebrand P, Duderstadt S, Jungbluth T. Evaluation of the quality of life after surgical treatment of chronic pancreatitis. JOP. Journal of the Pancreas. 2011; 12 (4): 364-371.
- Möbius C, Max D, Uhlmannetal D.Five-year follow-up of a prospective non-randomised study comparing duodenum-preserving pancreatic head resection with classic Whipple’s procedure in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. LangenbecksArchiveSurgery. 2007; 392(3): 359-64.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №1(63), 2018 year, 064-069 pages, index UDK 616.37-002-06-089