|About the author:
||A. Ye. Demkovych
|Type of article
||Mechanisms of the inflammatory process development in the periodontal complex include a number of complicated processes leading to the generalization and chronicization, tooth loss and the occurrence of complications in the other organs. The purpose of the study was to determine the level of apoptotic changed and necrotic mononuclear blood phagocytes in the dynamics of development of experimental bacterial-immune periodontitis. The paper presents the results of studies of early and late apoptosis indices of blood monocytes on the 7th and 30th days of the development of the inflammatory process in periodontal tissues. Monocytes were isolated from blood of experimental animals by gradient centrifugation. Evaluation of necrosis and apoptosis of mononuclear phagocytes was carried out by the flow laser cytofluorimetry. The results were statistically processed using parametric and nonparametric statistical methods. Dynamics of dead cells number was revealed during the formation of the focus of inflammation in the periodontal complex. In particular, the progress of experimental periodontitis was accompanied by the increase of annexin-positive (early apoptosis) and necrotic monocytes content, which is associated with increased intensity of their formation in response to antigen stimulation. In the simulated pathology the induced cell death was achieved mainly by apoptosis.
||Bacterial-immune periodontitis, inflammation, mononuclear phagocytes, necrosis, apoptosis
- Demkovych AIe, Bondarenko YuI. Patohenetychni osnovy modeliuvannia parodontytu u tvaryn. Zdobutky klinichnoi i eksperymentalnoi medytsyny. 2015 Sich;1(22):54-57.
- Demkovych AIe. Osoblyvosti formuvannia mikrobiotsenozu v rozvytku zapalnykh zakhvoriuvan parodonta. Infektsiini khvoroby. 2015 Liut;1(79):87-92.
- Kozak DV, Hudyma AA. Vplyv politravmy na dynamiku piznoho apoptozu tkanynnykh limfotsytiv. Klinichna khirurhiia. 2013;9:70-72.
- Orlov AI. Matematika sluchaya: Veroyatnost i statistika – osnovnyie faktyi: uchebnoe posobie.Moskva:MZ-Press;2004.100 s.
- Shmarov DA, Pogorelov VM, Kozinets GI. Sovremennyie aspektyi otsenki proliferatsii i apoptoza v kliniko-laboratornoy diagnostike (obzor literaturyi). Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika. 2013 Yanv;1:36-39.
- Arimatsu K, Yamada H, Miyazawa H, Minaqawa T, Nakajima M, Ryder MI, et al. Oral pathobiont induces systemic inflammation and metabolic changes associated with alteration of gut microbiota. Sci Rep. 2014 May 6;4:4828.
- Bayani M, Pourali M, Keivan M. Possible interaction between visfatin, periodontal infection, and other systemic diseases: A brief review of literature. Eur J Dent. 2017 Jul-Sep;11(3):407-410.
- Berger RL, Casella C. Statistical Inference. 2nd ed. Florida: Duxbury Press; 2001. 374 p.
- Demkovych A, Bondarenko Yu, Hasiuk PA. Oxidative modification of proteins in the process of experimental periodontitis development. Interventional Medicine and Applied Science. 2017 Dec;9(4):218-221.
- Herrmann JM, Meyle J. Neutrophil activation and periodontal tissue injury. Periodontol 2000. 2015 Oct;69(1):111-127.
- Hirschfeld J. Dynamic interactions of neutrophils and biofilms. J Oral Microbiol. 2014 Dec 17;6:26102.
- Jia SH, Parodo J, Charbonney E, Tsanq JLY, Jia SY, Rotstein OD, et al. Activated neutrophils induce epithelial cell apoptosis through oxidant-dependent tyrosine dephosphorylation of caspase-8. Am J Pathol. 2014 Apr;184(4):1030-1040.
- Looney MR, Matthay MA. Neutrophil sandwiches injure the microcirculation. Nat Med. 2009 Apr;15(4):364-366.
- Maianski NA, Maianski AN, Kuijpers TW, Roos D. Apoptosis of neutrophils. Acta Haematol. 2004;111(1-2):56-66.
- Srinivas M, Chethana KC, Padma R, Suraqimath G, Anil M, Pai BS, et al. A study to assess and compare the peripheral blood neutrophil chemotaxis in smokers and non smokers with healthy periodontium, gingivitis, and chronic periodontitis. J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2012 Jan;16(1):54-58.
- Srivastava N, Nayak PA, Rana S. Point of Care – A Novel Approach to Periodontal Diagnosis – A Review. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017 Aug;11(8):ZE01-ZE06.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №1(63), 2018 year, 120-122 pages, index UDK 616.155.3-008.13-002.43-06:616.314.18-002.4-022.7]-092.9