|About the author:
||N. M. Hrynchak, R. P. Piskun, T. I. Shevchuk, T. B. Vasenko
|Type of article
||This paper presents the results of biochemical, microscopic and micromorphometric studies of the hearts of rats and rabbits in normal state and in cholesterol atherosclerosis. The experimental atherosclerosis was simulated in white male rats weighing 150-200 g and male chinchilla rabbits weighing 3.0 – 4.7 kg. In rabbits, cholesterol was administered orally, added to grated carrots and sunflower oil, at a dose of 0.5 g/kg body weight for 3 months. In rats, cholesterol was administered by gavage with olive, pre-dissolved in sunflower oil, for 30 days daily, at a dose of 0.5 g/kg and, in the setting of thyroid depression with 4(6) - Methyl-2-thiouracil, at a dose of 12 mg/kg. In this simulation of the pathological condition, the signs of atherosclerotic changes of the heart structures in both types of laboratory animals have been observed. Histological examination of both rabbits and rats shows that many of the intramural arteries developed typical atherosclerotic plaques that result in drastic luminal occlusion, and sometimes there is diffuse lipid infiltration of all layers of the vessel walls and complete lumen obliteration. These changes in blood vessels cause ischemia and myocardial hypoxia.
||experimental atherosclerosis, blood lipids, myocardium, coronary arteries
- Banzaraksheev VG. Pathophysiological substantiation of the atherogenic dyslipidemia modeling results in rats. Acta biomedica scientifica. 2016; 1 (3): 33-36. [in Russian]
- Bogatyryova RV. Annual report on the health care system activity results in Ukraine. 2012 year Kiev; 2012. 464 p. [in Ukrainian]
- Chaplinsky RB. Dislipidemia as a major risk factor for atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease. Bulletin of the Kamyanets-Podilskyi Ivan Ogienko National University. Physical education, sports and human health. 2015; 8: 383-391.
- Kovalenko VM., Kornatsky VM. Regional medical and social problems of circulatory system diseases. Dynamics and analysis. Kyiv; 2013. 239 p. [in Ukrainian]
- Kornatskyi VM., Dorogoy AP, Manoylenko TS. Cardiovascular morbidity in Ukraine and recommendations for improving health in the present day conditions. Analytical and statistical manual. Kyiv; 2012. 117 p.
- Kvitashvili O. Annual report on the health status of the population, the sanitary and epidemiological situation and the results of the health care system activity in Ukraine. 2014; Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Kyiv; 2015. 460 p. [in Ukrainian]
- Shevchuk TI., Piskun RP., Vasenko TB. Changes in the morphometric characteristics of cardiac vessels in experimental dislipoproteinemia. World of medicine and biology. 2017; 3 (61): 154-157.
- Shkand TV., Chizh NA., Naumova OV., Sandomirskyi BP. Morphological characteristics of rat heart in the conditions of experimental myocardial necrosis. Morphology. 2013; 7 (2): 84-89.
- Shormanov SV, Kulikov SV .. Histological and ultrastructural changes of the liver with experimental stenosis of the pulmonary trunk at the decompensation stage. Morphology. 2010; 3: 46-50.
- Sikora, VZ., Yarmolenko OS. Age features of morphofunctional myocardial transformations in the norm and under the conditions of damaging factors influence (literature review). Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medical Research. 2013; 1 (3): 263-274.
- Padró T, Cubedo J, Camino S, Béjar MT, Ben-Aicha S, Mendieta G, et. al. Detrimental Effect of Hypercholesterolemia on Higt-Density Lipoprotein Particle Remodeling in Pigs. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2017 Jul 11;70(2):165-178.
- The Concept of the National Program "Healthy Nation for 2012-2016" [Electronic resource] - Access mode: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/828-2011-% D1% 80.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №2(64), 2018 year, 190-193 pages, index UDK 611.127:616.132.2