|About the author:
|Type of article
||Wilson’s Disease is a chronic hereditary, autosomal-recessive disorder associated with excessive deposition of copper in the liver, brain, and other tissues. Despite of a characteristic clinical picture, diagnostics of Wilson’s Disease is complicated. Diagnosis delay and untimely initiation of treatment lead to a rapid progression of neurological symptoms, pathological changes in the liver and patient’s death for several years. Adequate, continuous treatment (diet, penicillamine) initiated in the early stages of the disease greatly improves clinical symptoms and the prognosis of Wilson’s Disease.
||Wilson’s Disease, clinical features, diagnostic, treatment
- Voloshin-Gaponov IK. Epidemiologicheskiye i kliniko-nevrologicheskiye aspekty bolezni Vilsona-Konovalova. Ukrayinskyi medychnyi chasopys. 2012; 6 (92): 72–75. [in Russian]
- Ponomarev VV. Bolezn Konovalova-Vilsona: “velikiy khameleon”. Mezhdunarodnyi nevrologicheskiy zhurnal. 2010; 3 (33): 117–122. [in Russian]
- Trufanov YeA, Penner VA, Mishchenko MV, Lomova IV. Klinicheskiy sluchay bolezni Konovalova-Vilsona: trudnosti diagnostiki. Ukrayinskyi medychnyi almanakh. 2012; 15 (5): 460–462. [in Russian]
- Hedera P.Update on the clinical management of Wilson's disease. The Application of Clinical Genetics. 2017; 10: 9-19.
- Hermann W, Huster D. Diagnostics of Wilson's disease. Der Nervenarzt. 2018; 89(2): 115-123.
- Kathawala M, Hirschfield GM.Insights into the management of Wilson's disease. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology. 2017; 10(11): 889-905.
- Liu J, Luan J, Zhou X, Cui Y, Han J.Epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of Wilson's disease. Intractable and Rare Diseases Research. 2017; 6(4): 249-255.
- Pfister ED. Wilson's disease: What has been confirmed in diagnostic and therapy? Internist – Berlin. 2017; 58(12): 1233-1241.
- Quinn N, Bhatia K, Brown P.Movement Disorders. Neurology: A Queen Square Textbook. Edited by C. Clarke, R. Howard, M. Rossor, S. Shorvon. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2009: 155–187.
- Rodriguez-Castro KI, Hevia-Urrutia FJ, Sturniolo GC. Wilson’s disease: A review of what we have learned. World journal of hepatology. 2015; 7(29): 2859.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(66), 2018 year, 117-120 pages, index UDK 616.831-07:616.36-002