|About the author:
||Borysenko O.M., Sushko Yu.O., Srebnyak I.A., Mishchanchuk N.S., Bezshapochnyi S.B., Serbin G.S.
|Type of article
||The purpose of the work was to study the causes of failures, their frequency and the functional results of reoperations in otosclerosis. A retrospective analysis of 787 stapedoplasty operations results in patients with otosclerosis, which were operated in the period from 2013 to 2017 at AS Kolomiychenko Institute of Otolaryngology NAMS of Ukraine, 43 (5.5%) patients of which were re-operated. In 37 (86%) patients the cause of reoperation was hearing loss, in 6 (14%) - complaints of dizziness, which arose after stapedoplasty, due to the installation of too long a prosthesis. In 12 patients, the cause of the hearing loss after the stapedoplasty was the re-obliteration of the stirrup plate with bone tissue and fixation of the prosthesis; in 2 patients anterior crus of stapes fixing the incus was preserved; in 9 patients there was fixation of the incus and malleus into the attic; in 2 patients the prosthesis fixation with adhesions was observed; in 8 patients displacement of the prosthesis and lack of contact with the incus were reported, in 2 patients there was fixation of the stirrup plate (reancillosis) after its mobilization; in 2 there was intra- cochlear conduction block. Hearing improvement after reoperations was achieved in 91.9% of observations. In 2 cases, no hearing improvement was achieved.
||otosclerosis, stapedoplasty, reoperation
- Kolomiychenko AI, Gukovich VA, Kharshak YeM, Yashan AI. Operatsii na stremeni pri otoskleroze. Kiev: Gosmedizdat; 1962. 284 s. [in Russian]
- Novozhilov AA, Abubakirov TE, Gayazov TF, Karpukhina MB. Nablyudeniye pozdnego oslozhneniya stapedoplastiki. Vestn otorinolaringol. 2014 5: 55-8. PMID: 25588487. [in Russian]
- Shchurovskiy VV. O povtornykh operatsiyakh na stremeni pri otoskleroze. Tez. dokl. na Plenume pravl. Ukr. nauch. o-va otolaringol. sovmestno s mezhoblastn. LOR-konferentsiyey, Donetsk. 1960: 39. [in Russian]
- Amadei EM, Cola C. Revision stapes surgery after stapedotomy: a retrospective evaluation of 75 cases. Ear Nose Throat J. 2018; 97 (6): E1-E4. PMID: 30036415.
- Bernardeschi D, Canu G, De Seta D, Russo FY, Ferrary E, Mosnier I, Sterkers O. Revision stapes surgery: a review of 102 cases. Clin Otolaryngol. 2018; 43 (6): 1587-90. PMID: 29972729 doi: 10.1111/coa.13181.
- Bernardeschi D, Canu G, De Seta D, Russo FY, Ferrary E, Mosnier I, Sterkers O. Revision stapes surgery: A review of 102 cases. Clin Otolaryngol. 2018 Dec; 43 (6): 1587-90. . PMID: 29972729. doi: 10.1111/coa.13181. Epub 2018 Jul 25
- Borysenko O, Hrytsevych M. Functional results of stapedoplasty. Folia Otorhinolaryngologica. 2012 4; 18: 4-11.
- Fisch U, Acar GO, Huber AM. Malleostapedotomy in revision surgery for otosclerosis. Otol Neurotol. 2001; 22: 776-85. PMID: 11698795.
- Ozuer MZ, Olgun L, Gultekin G. Revision stapes surgery. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 1; 146: 109-13. PMID: 21940991 doi: 10.1177/0194599811423523.
- Pitiot V, Hermann R, Tringali S, Dubreuil C, Truy ERevision stapes surgery for lysis of the long process of the incus: comparing hydroxyapatite bone cement versus malleovestibulopexy and total ossicular replacement prosthesis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2016; Sep; 273 (9): 2515-21. PMID: 26690574. doi: 10.1007/s00405-015-3843-y. Epub 2015 Dec 21.
- Ramaswamy AT, Lustig LR. Revision Surgery for Otosclerosis. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2018 Apr; 51 (2): 463-74. PMID: 29502729. doi: 10.1016/j.otc.2017.11.014.
- Vincent R, Rovers M, Zingade N, Oates J, Sperling N, Devèze A, Grolman W. Revision stapedotomy: operative findings and hearing results. A prospective study of 652 cases from the otology-neurotology database. Otol Neurotol. 2010; 31: 875-82. PMID: 20601918.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(70), 2019 year, 017-021 pages, index UDK 616.284-004-089.001.8