|About the author:
||Yevtushenko V.V., Markov A.I., Kramarev S.O.
|Type of article
||We aimed to study changes of blood circulation and markers of gastrointestinal damage in children with intraabdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome. We have studied 6 cases of abdominal compartment syndrome in children with infectious diseases. It was found that increased abdominal pressure and abdominal compartment syndrome were associated with significant elevation of intestinal serum biomarker I-FABP (13.44±4.58 ng/ml amid elevated abdominal pressure vs 2.65±1.25 amid normal abdominal pressure), higher cardiac output (6.0±0.57 l/min/m2 vs 4.3±0.34 l/min/m2), decreased diastolic blood flow velocity in renal (3.4±1.08 cm/s vs 18.7±1.58 cm/s) and superior mesenteric (5.1±0.87 cm/s vs 17.5±3.90 cm/s) arteries, and elevated peripheral resistance index (RI) in the renal artery (0.92±0.02 vs 0.70±0.02, p<0.05).
||abdominal compartment syndrome, hemodynamic. FABP. children
- Arabadzhiev GM, Tzaneva VG, Peeva KG. Intra-abdominal hypertension in the ICU – a prospective epidemiological study. Clujul Med. Universty of Medicine and Pharmacy of Cluj-Napoca, Romania; 2015; 88(2):188. DOI: 10.15386/cjmed-455
- Dayal N, Dominique E. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome. StatPearls Publishing; 2018 [Cited 3 Apr. 2019]; Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK430932/
- De Waele JJ, Ejike JC, Leppäniemi A, De Keulenaer BL, De Laet I, Kirkpatrick AW, et al. Intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome in pancreatitis, paediatrics, and trauma. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2015; 47(3):219‑27. DOI: 10.5603/AIT.a2015.0027
- Divarci E, Karapinar B, Yalaz M, Ergun O, Celik A. Incidence and prognosis of intraabdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2016; 51(3):503‑7. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2014.03.014
- Kirkpatrick AW, Facs M, Frcsc PBM, Ball CG, Facs F. Mesenteric ischemia, intra-abdominal hypertension, and the abdominal compartment syndrome. Plast Surg. 2016; 24(1):9‑10.
- Misango D, Pattnaik R, Baker T, Dünser MW, Dondorp AM, Schultz MJ, et al. Haemodynamic assessment and support in sepsis and septic shock in resource-limited settings. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. Oxford University Press; 2017; 111(11):483‑9. DOI: 10.1093/trstmh/try007
- Párraga Ros E, Correa-Martín L, Sánchez-Margallo FM, Candanosa-Aranda IE, Malbrain MLNG, Wise R, et al. Time-course evaluation of intestinal structural disorders in a porcine model of intra-abdominal hypertension by mechanical intestinal obstruction. PLoS One. Public Library of Science; 2018; 13(1):e0191420. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0191420
- Piton G, Capellier G. Biomarkers of gut barrier failure in the ICU. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2016; 22(2):1. DOI: 10.1097/MCC.0000000000000283
- Prasad GR, Rao JVS, Aziz A, Rashmi TM. The Role of Routine Measurement of Intra-abdominal Pressure in Preventing Abdominal Compartment Syndrome. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. Wolters Kluwer - Medknow Publications; 2017; 22(3):134. DOI: 10.4103/JIAPS.JIAPS_222_15
- Sand CA, Starr A, Wilder CDE, Rudyk O, Spina D, Thiemermann C, et al. Quantification of microcirculatory blood flow: a sensitive and clinically relevant prognostic marker in murine models of sepsis. J Appl Physiol. American Physiological Society; 2015; 118(3):344‑54. DOI: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00793.2014
- Strang SG, Van Waes OJF, Van der Hoven B, Ali S, Verhofstad MHJ, Pickkers P, et al. Intestinal fatty acid binding protein as a marker for intra-abdominal pressure-related complications in patients admitted to the intensive care unit; study protocol for a prospective cohort study (I-Fabulous study). Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. BioMed Central; 2015; 23:6. DOI: 10.1186/s13049-015-0088-0
- Umgelter A, Reindl W, Franzen M, Lenhardt C, Huber W, Schmid RM. Renal resistive index and renal function before and after paracentesis in patients with hepatorenal syndrome and tense ascites. Intensive Care Med. 2009; 35(1):152‑6. DOI:10.1007/s00134-008-1253-y
- Voth M, Holzberger S, Auner B, Henrich D, Marzi I, Relja B. I-FABP and L-FABP are early markers for abdominal injury with limited prognostic value for secondary organ failures in the post-traumatic course. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2015; 53(5):771‑80. DOI: 10.1515/cclm-2014-0354
- Yi M, Yao G, Bai Y. The monitoring of intra-abdominal pressure in critically ill patients. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2014;26(3):175‑8. DOI: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.2095-4352.2014.03.010
- Zhang N, Liu H. Study on the correlation between the changes in intra-abdominal pressure and renal functional in the patients with abdominal compartment syndrome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015; 19:3682‑7.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(70), 2019 year, 060-065 pages, index UDK 616.94 -053.2:616.1