|About the author:
||Rudenko K.V., Lazoryshynets V.V., Trembovetska O.M., Nevmerzhytska L.O., Tregubova M.O., Danchenko P.A.
|Type of article
||The study includes 250 consecutive symptomatic patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy who underwent surgical extended myectomy, resection of anomalous chordal structures, mobilization of the papillary muscles and plication of the anterior mitral valve leaflet. The purpose of the study is to analyze the effectiveness of this technique and the immediate results of surgical correction. The results showed a statistically significant decrease of systolic pressure gradient on the left ventricular outflow tract, mitral regurgitation and an improvement in NYHA functional class. Sudden cardiac death (SCD) risk stratification was performed in 235 patients. The results of the study showed that the multi-stage correction allows to influence all links of pathological manifestation of the disease, but the question is how to predict the risk of SCD in already operated patients and how to protect them from life-threatening events?
||hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, extended septal myectomy, surgical correction, sudden cardiac death
- Delmo Walter EM, Javier MF, Hetzer R. Long-term outcome of simultaneous septal myectomy and anterior mitral leaflet retention plasty in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: the Berlin experience. Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2017; 6(4):343–352. doi:10.21037/acs.2017.03.08
- Desai MY, Bhonsale A, Smedira NG, Naji P, Thamilarasan M, Lytle BW, et al. Predictors of long-term outcomes in symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy patients undergoing surgical relief of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction. Circ. 2013; 128(3):209–16.
- Finocchiaro G, Papadakis M, Robertus JL. Etiology of sudden death in sports. insights from a United Kingdom Regional Registry J Am Coll Cardiol 2016; 67:2108-2115.
- Harmon KG, Asif IM, Maleszewski JJ. Incidence, cause, and comparative frequency of sudden cardiac death in National Collegiate Athletic Association Athletes: a decade in review. Circ 2015; 132:10-19.
- Marian AJ, Braunwald E. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Genetics, Pathogenesis, Clinical Manifestations, Diagnosis, and Therapy. Circ Res. 2017; 121(7):749–770.
- Maron BJ, Haas TS, Ahluwalia A, Murphy CJ, Garberich RF. Demographics and Epidemiology of Sudden Deaths in Young Competitive Athletes: From the United States National Registry. Am J Med. 2016; 129(11):1170–1177.
- Maron BJ, Nishimura RA, McKenna WJ, Rakowski H, Josephson ME, Kieval RS. Assessment of permanent dual-chamber pacing as a treatment for drug-refractory symptomatic patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a randomized, double-blind, crossover study (M-PATHY). Circ. 1999; 99 (22): 2927-33.
- Maron BJ. Clinical Course and Management of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. N Engl J Med. 2018; 379(7):655–668.
- Morrow AG, Braunwald E. Functional aortic stenosis; a malformation characterized by resistance to left ventricular outflow without anatomic obstruction. Circ 1959; 20:181-189.
- Nguyen A, Schaff HV, Nishimura RA, Dearani JA, Geske JB, Lahr BD, et al. Determinants of reverse remodeling of the left atrium following transaortic myectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. April 18, 2018.
- Nguyen A, Schaff HV, Nishimura RA, Dearani JA, Geske JB, Lahr BD, et al. Does septal thickness influence outcome of myectomy for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy? Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018; 53:582-9.
- O'Mahony C, Jichi F, Pavlou M. A novel clinical risk prediction model for sudden cardiac death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM risk-SCD). Eur Heart J 2014; 35: 2010-2020.
- Schaff HV, Nguyen A. Does septal myectomy reduce risk of sudden cardiac death in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156(2):748–749.
- Semsarian C, Ingles J, Maron MS, Maron BJ. New perspectives on the prevalence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol 2015; 65:1249-1254.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №2(72), 2020 year, 109-114 pages, index UDK 616.127-007.61-089