|About the author:
||Gubar I.V., Lavrynenko V.E., Chuchrai S.M., Savosko S.I., Sokurenko L.M., Apykhtina O.L., Yavorovsky O.P.
|Type of article
||Cardiovascular toxicity of Pb compounds NP (nanoparticles) 26-34 nm and 50-80 nm in size was investigated in the experiments. Morphological and morphometric methods were used to detect structural changes in the heart and aorta after 30 and 60 injections of Pb compounds NP. The results of the experiments indicate damage to the myocardium, which consists in increasing of the interstitial space between the fibers of cardiomyocytes, dystrophy of cardiomyocytes, stasis of blood in the microvessels of the heart` ventricles. A greater sensitivity of the atrial myocardium to the toxic effects of Pb compounds NP was detected. Structural changes of the aorta consisted in a stratification of elastic membranes, a decrease in the density of the connective tissue of the adventitious layer, which tended to progressive changes.
||lead, Pb, nanoparticles, morphological changes, aorta, myocardium
- Aleksiychuk VD, Sokurenko LM, Omelchuk ST. Peculiarities of lead sulfide and nitrate nanoparticles influence on organisms of experimental animals in different research periods and methods of its negative impact correction. World of medicine and biology. 2015; 4 (54): 97-101. [in Ukrainian]
- Casals E, Vazquez-Campos S, Bastus N, Puntes V. Distribution and potential toxicity of engineered inorganic nanoparticles and carbon nanostructures in biological systems. Trac-Trends in Analytical Chemistry. 2008; 27: 672–683. doi: 10.1016/j.trac.2008.06.004.
- Dumkova J, Smutna T, Vrlíkova L, Le Coustumer P, Večeřa Z, Dočekal B, Mikuška P, Čapka L, Fictum P, Hampl A, Buchtová M. Sub-chronic inhalation of lead oxide nanoparticles revealed their broad distribution and tissue-specific subcellular localization in target organs. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2017; 14(1): 55.
- Feng L, Yang X, Shi Y, Liang S, Zhao T, Duan J, Sun Z. Co-exposure subacute toxicity of silica nanoparticles and lead acetate on cardiovascular system. Int J Nanomedicine. 2018; 13: 7819-7834.
- Ferreira de Mattos G, Costa C, Savio F, Alonso M, Nicolson GL. Lead poisoning: acute exposure of the heart to lead ions promotes changes in cardiac function and Cav1.2 ion channels. Biophys Rev. 2017; 9(5): 807-825.
- Grandjean P. Even low-dose lead exposure is hazardous. Lancet. 2010; 376: 855–856. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60745-3.
- Jeevanandam J, Barhoum A, Chan YS, Dufresne A, Danquah MK Review on nanoparticles and nanostructured materials: history, sources, toxicity and regulations. Beilstein J Nanotechnol 2018; 9: 1050–1074. https://doi.org/10.3762/bjnano.9.98
- Lebedová J, Nováková Z, Večeřa Z, Buchtová M, Dumková J, Dočekal B, Bláhová L, Mikuška P, Míšek I, Hampl A, Hilscherová K. Impact of acute and subchronic inhalation exposure to PbO nanoparticles on mice. Nanotoxicology. 2018; 12(4): 290-304.
- Luhovsky SP, Didenko MM, Melnik NA Morphofunctional changes in internal organs of rats upon chronic exposure of micro and nanoparticles of inorganic lead compounds on their intact skin. Ukrainian Journal of Modern Problems of Toxicology. 2017; 3: 34-47.
- Pietroiusti A, Magrini A. Engineered nanoparticles at the workplace: current knowledge about workers’ risk. Occupational Medicine, 65(2); 2015: 171–173. https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/kqu194.
- Qingzhao Li, Xiaoli Hu, Yuping Bai, Mohamed Alattar, Dong Ma, Yanhua Cao, Yulan Hao, Lihua Wang, Chunyang Jiang. The oxidative damage and inflammatory response induced by lead sulfide nanoparticles in rat lung. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2013; 60: 213–217.
- Ren Z, Sun J, Li H, Mao P, Wei Y, Zhong X, Hu J, Yang S, Wang J. Bilayer PbS Quantum dots for high-performance photodetectors. Adv Mater. 2017; 29(33). doi: 10.1002/adma.201702055. Epub 2017.
- Skoczynska A, Skoczynska M. Low-Level exposure to lead as a cardiovascular risk factor. In: Gasparyan A, editor. Cardiovascular Risk Factors. Croatia: InTech Open; 2012. doi: 10.5772/30808.
- Tchaplyguine M, Mikkelä MH, Mårsell E, Polley C, Mikkelsen A, Zhang W, Yartsev A, Hetherington CJ, Wallenberg LR, Björneholm O. Metal-passivated PbS nanoparticles: fabrication and characterization. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2017; 8-19(10): 7252-7261. doi: 10.1039/c6cp06870g.
- Yavorоvsky OP, Karlova OO, Sheiman BS Toxicokinetic mechanisms of endothelial dysfunction formation as an early clinical manifestation of chronic lead poisoning. Ukrainian medical journal Heart & vessels . 2015; 3(51): 92-98.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №2(72), 2020 year, 146-151 pages, index UDK 616.12/14-091:57.044:546.815/819:541.182.024:615.099:57.084.1