|About the author:
|Type of article
||The clinical state of the oral cavity, the functional state of the salivary glands, and the effectiveness of therapeutic and preventive measures using propolis-based medicine (Balsam Pomegranate) were studied in 122 professional wrestlers aged 18 to 34 years. In the course of our observations it has been ascertained fact in digital values and a significant reduction of unfavorable background unstimulated salivary secretion in subjects athletes at the studied length of stay in prolonged intense psycho-emotional and physical condition. Status of oral hygiene and periodontal tissues in the study group of athletes who have practically healthy periodontium, deteriorated after an intensive training process at almost 1.5 times. Preparation "Balsam Pomegranate" has a very important, especially with the preventive point of view, antiinflammatory, organoleptic properties, as based on the natural stimulation help to improve the hygienic condition of the oral cavity, the state of periodontal tissues, as well as a pronounced stimulation of salivation and increasing salivary flow rate.
||periodontitis, saliva, hygiene, intense exercise, prevention
- Afanasyeva IA. Sdvigi v populyatsionnom sostave i funktsionalnoy aktivnosti limfotsitov, produktsii tsitokinov i immunoglobulinov u sportsmenov pri sindrome peretrenirovannosti. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 2011; 3:18-24. [in Russian]
- Babayev YeYe, Mamedov FYu. Alternativnyye metody lecheniya zabolevaniy parodonta na fone razvitiya sindroma peretrenirovannosti. Ros. stomatol. zh. 2014; 1: 24–27. [in Russian]
- Belyayev II, Khatskevich GA. Sindrom soyedinitelno-tkannoy displazii i yego proyavleniya v polosti rta u sportsmenov. (obzor literatury). Institut stomatologii. SPb. 2014; 62: 98 – 99. [in Russian]
- Kostyuk ZM. Sravnitelnaya otsenka stomatologicheskoy i somaticheskoy zabolevayemosti yuniorov, zanimayushchikhsya gandbolom i grebley. Dental Forum. 2014; 3: 26–30. [in Russian]
- Tulanov DSh, Khakimova ZK, Pulatov NKh. Stomatologicheskaya zabolevayemost sportsmenov olimpiyskogo rezerva Ukrayinskyi stomatolohichnyi almanakh. 2017; 2: 9–12. [in Russian]
- Yagudin RKh, Kuzmina ZhI, Mukhamedzhanova LR.. Stomatologicheskaya zabolevayemost sportsmenov i puti yeye resheniya. Prakt. med. 2013; 69 (1–2): 148–151. [in Russian]
- Alonso JM, Tscholl PM, Engebretsen L, Mountjoy M, Dvorak J, Junge A. Occurrence of injuries and illnesses during the 2009 IAAF World Athletics Championships. Br J Sports Med 2010;44:1100–5 DOI: 10.1136/bjsm.2010.078030
- Ashley P, Di Iorio A, Cole E, Tanday A, Needleman I. Oral health of elite athletes and association with performance: a systematic review. Br. J. Sports Med. 2015; 49 (1): 14–19. DOI: 10.1136/bjsports-2014-093617
- Casaroto A. R., Hidalgo M. M., Sell A. M., Franco S. L., Cuman R. K., Moreschi E., Victorino F. R., Steffens V. A., Bersani-Amado C. A. Study of the effectiveness of propolis extract as a stora-ge medium for avulsed teeth — Dent. Traumatol. 2010; 26(4): 323–331.
- Falcao SI, Vale N, Cos P, Gomes P, Freire C, Maes L, Vilas-Boas M. In vitro evaluation of Portuguese propolis and floral sources for antiprotozoal, antibacterial and antifungal activity. Phytotherapy Research. 2014; 28(3):437-43.
- Oadi NM, Salim H S, Warshan AL, Amna M A. Antifungal Evaluation of Iraqi Propolis against Penicillium expansum and Mycotoxin Production in Apple. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 2015; 4(11): 399-405.
- Stepanović S, Antić N, Dakić I, Švabić-Vlahović M. In vitro antimicrobial activity of propolis and synergism between propolis and antimicrobial drugs. Microbiological Research. 2003; 158(4):353-357.
- Trusheva B, Popova M, Bankova V, Simova S, Marcucci MC, Miorin PL, da Rocha P F, Tsvetkova I. Bioactive constituents of Brazilian red propolis. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2006; 3(2):249–254.
- Wagih El-Shouny, Fouad Muagam, Zaidoon Sadik, Walaa Hamza. Antimicrobial Activity of Propolis Extract on URT Infections in Pediatric Patients Admitted to Al-Thowrah Hospital, Hodeidah City, Yemen World Journal of Medical Sciences, 2012; 7(3):172—177.
- Wassel MO, Khattab MA. Antibacterial activity against Streptococcus mutans and inhibition of bacterial induced enamel demineralization of propolis, miswak, and chitosan nanoparticles based dental varnishes. Journal of Advanced Research. 2017; 8:387-92.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(73), 2020 year, 106-111 pages, index UDK 616,314:796