|About the author:
||Antonenko P.P., Zazharskyi V.V., Suslova N.I., Sklyarov P. M., Reshetnichenko O.P., Kostyuk V.K., Mylostyvyi R.V.
|Type of article
||In this paper, the efficacy of essential oils in the composition of Fitohol herbal medicinal product against the background of tetrachloromethane induced toxic hepatitis in laboratory rats has been studied. It was established that the injection of Fitohol in rats at the dose of 0.03 g per 100 g of body weight positively influenced the clinical condition of animals, facilitated the manifestation of hepatocellular failure and the development of destructive changes in hepatocytes (reducing the activity of alkaline phosphatase, alanine and aspartate aminotransferases in blood plasma and oxyproline, hexosamines and malonic dialdehyde in liver homogenates) in acute toxic hepatitis. In the long-term intoxication of rats with CCl4, the effect of Fitohol was manifested in improving the functional state of the hepatobiliary system and some restoration of the protein- synthesizing liver function.
||herbal medicinal product, tetrachloromethane induced toxic hepatitis, blood plasma, liver homogenate, white rats
- Vlizlo VV, Fedoruk RS, Ratych IB, Vishchur OI, Sharan MM, Vudmaska IV, et al. Laboratorni metody doslidzhen u biolohiyi, tvarynnytstvi ta veterynarniy medytsyni. Spolom. Lviv. 764 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Mironov AN, Bunatyan ND. Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklinicheskikh issledovaniy lekarstvennykh sredstv. Chast pervaya. Moskva: Grif i K; 2012. 944 s. [in Russian]
- Aljamea AM, Alsadah HM, Ahmad R, Ahmad N, Naqvi AA. Clinical Uses and Toxicity of Aloe vera: An Evidence-Based Comprehensive Retrospective Review (2007-2017). Pharmacognosy Journal. 2019; 11(2):424–8.
- Balasubramaniam G, Sekar M, Varadarajan M, Badami S. Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Activities of Strobilanthes kunthianus against Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats. Pharmacognosy Journal. 2020; 12(5):1143–51.
- Barbalho SM, Trevisan SCC, Menezes APP, Guiguer EL, Oshiiwa M, Sellis V, et al. Metabolic profile and atherogenic indices of rats treated with Tamarindus indica and Mentha piperita juice. International Journal of Phytomedicine. 2017; 9(1):151.
- Hamaidia M, Barez PY, Carpentier A, et al. From Valeriana officinalis to cancer therapy: the success of a bio-sourced compound. Biotechnol Agron Soc Environ. 2016; 20(s1): 314–20.
- Ighodaro OM, Omole JO. Ethanol–induced hepatotoxicity in male wistar rats: effects of aqueous leaf extract of Ocimum gratissimum. Journal of Medicine and Medical Science. 2012; 3(8):499–505.
- Kozyr VS, Antonenko PP, Mylostyvyi RV, Suslova NI, Skliarov PM, Reshetnychenko OP, et al. Effect of herbal feed additives on the quality of colostrum, immunological indicators of newborn calves blood and growth energy of young animals. Theoretical and Applied Veterinary Medicine. 2019; 7(3):137‒42.
- Latief U, Ahmad R. Herbal remedies for liver fibrosis: A review on the mode of action of fifty herbs. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine. 2018; 8(3):352–60.
- Ma Q, Guo Y, Wei R, Sang Z, Liu W, Gao L, et al. Flavonoids from Capsella bursa-pastoris and their hepatoprotective activities in vitro. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia. 2016; 26(6):710–13.
- Padmanabhan P, Jangle SN. Evaluation of DPPH radical scavenging activity and reducing power of four selected medicinal plants and their combination. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research. 2012; 4(2):143–46
- Padmanabhan P, Jangle SN. Hepatoprotective Activity of Herbal Preparation (Hp-4) against Alcohol Induced Hepatotoxicity in Mice. 2014; 2(1):50–8.
- Saalu L, Ogunlade B. The hepato-protective potentials of Moringa oleifera leaf extract on alcohol-induced hepato-toxicity in wistar rat. American Journal of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences. 2012; 2(1):6–14.
- Soufy IN. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Silybum marianum plant against hepatotoxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Journal of American Science. 2012; 8(4):479–86.
- Zazharskyi VV, Davydenko PО, Kulishenko OМ, Borovik IV, Brygadyrenko VV. Antimicrobial activity of 50 plant extracts. Biosystems Diversity. 2019; 27(2):163–69.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(73), 2020 year, 149-154 pages, index UDK 615.322:582.751:615.273