|About the author:
||V. I. Tsymbaliuk, T. I. Petriv, V. Y. Molotkovets, R. G. Vasyliev, M. M. Tatarchuk, I. I. Burkush
|Type of article
||The article is devoted to developing devise for Walking track test in rats after experimental sciatic nerve injury. Gradual gait improvement reflects the nerve function recovery in the temporal aspect. Its essence lies in getting rat footprints on paper, witch are analyzed. Then functional sciatic nerve index (SFI) is calculated using a special formula in experimental and intact limbs of the rats. The experiment was performed on outbred male rats (n=15) whom autoneuroplasty was performed. Animals were grouped as following: 1(4) (n=7) tested after 4 weeks of experiment and 1(8) (n=8) – after 8 weeks of experiment. The results shows that functional sciatic nerve regeneration continues during 4 till 8 weeks. This process reflected in SFI improving. Developed walking track device allows to obtain rat footprints simply and fast. The use of Walking track test by using developed device provides a non-invasive method of assessing the functional status of the sciatic nerve during the regeneration process.
||Walking track, sciatic functional index, sciatic nerve injury, functional recovery
- Gatskyi O. O. Kombinovana plastyka peryferychnykh nerviv pry yikh velykykh defektakh (eksperymentalne doslidzhennia): avtoref. dys. ... kand. med. nauk : 14.01.05 / Gatskyi Oleksandr Oleksandrovych ; Nats. akad. med. nauk Ukrainy, DU "In-t neirokhirurhii im. A. P. Romodanova NAMN Ukrainy". - Kyiv, - 2015. - 23 s.
- Bervar M. An alternative video footprint analysis to assess functional loss following injury to the rat sciatic nerve // Acta chirurgiae plasticae. – 2001. – Т. 44. – №. 3. – С. 86-89.
- Biazar E. Behavioral evaluation of regenerated rat sciatic nerve by a nanofibrous PHBV conduit filled with Schwann cells as artificial nerve graft / E. Biazar, S. Heidari Keshel, M. Pouya // Cell communication & adhesion. – 2013. – Т. 20. – №. 5. – С. 93-103.
- Boeltz T. Effects of treadmill training on functional recovery following peripheral nerve injury in rats / T. Boeltz [et al.] // - Journal of neurophysiology. – 2013. – Т. 109. – №. 11. – С. 2645-2657.
- Monte-Raso V. V. Sciatic functional index smashing injuries of rats' sciatic nerves. Evaluation of method reproducibility among examiners / V. V. Monte-Raso, C. H. Barbieri, N. Mazzer // Acta Ortopédica Brasileira. – 2006. – Т. 14. – №. 3. – С. 133-136.
- Ozturk C. Peripheral Nerve Surgery Models Sciatic Nerve Crush Injury Model / C. Ozturk // Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. – Springer London, - 2015. – С.513-517.
- Sarikcioglu L. Walking track analysis: an assessment method for functional recovery after sciatic nerve injury in the rat / L. Sarikcioglu, B. M. Demirel, A. Utuk // Folia Morphol (Warsz). – 2009. – Т. 68. – №. 1. – С. 1-7.
- Varejao A. S. P. Toe out angle: a functional index for the evaluation of sciatic nerve recovery in the rat model / A. S. P. Varejao [et al.] // Experimental neurology. – 2003. – Т. 183. – №. 2. – С. 695-699.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(61), 2017 year, 157-160 pages, index UDK 591.482:616–001–092.9