|About the author:
||Bezrukov L.O., Tarnavska S.I., Shevchuk N.M., Kretsu N.M.
|Type of article
||On the basis of complex clinical-paraclinical examination of 120 children, the diagnostic value of inflammatory blood patterns was studied for the prognosis of uncontrolled course of bronchial asthma. It was established that in the presence of hypergranulocytic inflammatory blood pattern, the chances of registration of clinical manifestations of the severity of the disease increased in the range of 1.5-12.7 times, along with an increase in the chances of a distinct lability of the bronchi in 14.1 times compared with the hypogranulocytic phenotype. At the same time, the isolated use of the study of only inflammatory blood patterns for verifying the achievement or loss of control of the disease has insufficient information due to a significant proportion of false positive and false negative results.
||bronchial asthma, blood patterns, diagnostic value, children
- Bezrukov LO, Koloskova OK, Ortemenko YEP. Porivnyalnyy analiz tsytolohichnoho skladu mokrotynnya shkolyariv, khvorykh na bronkhialnu astmu, pry eozynofilnomu ta neytrofilnomu kharakteri zapalennya dykhalnykh shlyakhiv. Zdorove rebenka. 2012; 2(37): 28- 30. [in Ukrainian]
- Bruijnzeel PL, Uddin M, Koenderman L. Targeting neutrophilic inflammation in severe neutrophilic asthma: can we target the disease-relevant neutrophil phenotype? J. Leukoc. Biol. 2015; 4(2): 98-104.
- Chung KF, Wenzel SE, Brozek JL. International ERS/ATS guidelines on definition, evaluation and treatment of severe asthma. Eur. Respir. J. 2014; 43: 343–373.
- Campo P, Rodríguez F, Sánchez-García S. Phenotypes and Endotypes of Uncontrolled Severe Asthma: New Treatments. J Inves. Allergol Clin Immunol. 2013; 23(2): 76-88.
- Faria CL, da Silva-Martins, CoutoSC. Inhaled corticosteroid treatment for 6 months was not sufficient to normalize phagocytosis in asthmatic children. Clin. Transl. Allergy. 2013; 30; 3(1): 28-36.
- Naseem A, Liaqat J, Zaidi SB. Sputum Neutrophilia in Severe Persistent Asthmatics. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. 2014; 24(6): 420-423.
- Pavord ID, Agusti A. Blood eosinophil count: a biomarker of an important treatable trait in patients with airway disease. Eur. Respir. J. 2016; 47: 1299–1303.
- Pocket Guide for Asthma Management and Prevention (updated 2015) [Електронний ресурс] Global Initiative for Asthma, 2015.Available from: http://ginasthma.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/GINA_Pocket_2015.pdf
- Persson C. Primary lysis of eosinophils in severe desquamative asthma. Clin. Exper. Allergy. 2014; 44(2): 173–183.
- Sol IS, Kim YH, Lee HS. Heterogeneity of asthma according to systemic inflammatory pattern in children. Allergy Asthma Respir. Dis. 2014; 2(3): 165-170.
- Thomson N.C. Novel approaches to the management of noneosinophilic asthma. Ther. Adv. Respir. Dis. 2016; 10(3): 211-234.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(66), 2018 year, 023-026 pages, index UDK 616.248-036.1-053.2:575.21]-07