|About the author:
||N.V. Hasiuk, G.A. Yeroshenko, P.O. Maystruk
|Type of article
||The paper presents the findings of the comprehensive morphological study of the oral mucosa in tobacco smokers, obtained during comprehensive and statistic cytological study. The findings specify the described changes as “dyskeratose” or “proliferative” ones, containing cytological criteria for dyskeratosis expressed by impaired keratinization of the epithelium of the anatomic site.
The analysis of the proposed patterns of pathogenesis and the existence of common components at its levels, allows to consider the resulted cytological restructuring, namely, “inflammatory” type of the cytograms and “dyskeratose” as two autonomous processes in the oral mucosa induced by tobacco smoking, as well as the levels of the pathogenic mechanism at the stage of pre-tumor transformation.
||mucous membrane, epithelium, cells, nucleus, cytoplasm
- Akhaladze NG. Biological age in the evaluation of the effectiveness of recreational activities. The problems of aging and longevity. 1999; 3; 291-296.
- Bykov VL. Functional morphology of the epithelial barrier of the oral mucosa. Dentistry.1997; 3; 12-17.
- Vartonyan FYe. WHO and the fight against smoking in the world: strategies and trends. Narcology. 2003; 4; 2-4.
- Нasiuk NV. Morphofunctional organization gum in normal and inflammation. Simferopol: S. Heorhiyevsky Crimea State Medical University; 2009.
- Hasiuk NV. Description of polymorphic variants of nuclear transcription factor NF-kB1 as predictors of generalized periodontitis development. Ukrainian Scientific Medical Youth Journal. 2016; 1 (93): 105-107.
- Hasiuk NV. Cytological and cytogenetic features of the oral mucosa in human normal and inflammation. Kyiv: A. Bohomolets National Medical University; 2015.
- Latyshev SV. The condition of the mouth is smoking. Health care. 1998; 2; 28-29.
- Bagan JV. Proliferative verrucous leukoplakia: high incidence of gingival squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Pathol. Med. 2003; 32 (7); 379-382.
- Bornstein MM. Oral leukoplakia. A retrospective study of clinical and histological data. Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed. 2004; 114 (7); 680-686.
- Lova RM. Morphologic changes in the microcirculation induced by chronic smoking habit: a videocapillaroscopic study on the human labial mucosa. Am. Heart. J. 2002; 143 (4);. 658-662 .
- Mirbod SM. Tobacco-associated lesions of the oral cavity: Part I. Nonmalignant lesions. Can. Dent. Assoc. 2000; 66 (5);. 58-62.
- Schwartz JL. Oral cytology assessment by flow cytometry of DNA adducts, aneuploidy, proliferation and apoptosis shows differences between smokers and non-smokers. Oral Oncol. 2003; 39 (8); 842-854.
- Sethi P. Oral exfoliative cytology of smokers at discrete clinical stages using AgNOR. Mutat. Res. 2004; 11; 15-21.
- Tai YS. Oral administration of milk from cows immunized with human intestinal bacteria leads to significant improvements of symptoms and signs in patients with oral submucous fibrosis. Oral Pathol. Med. 2001; 30 (10); 618-625.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(66), 2018 year, 157-160 pages, index UDK 616.316.–091.8–092–099:613