|About the author:
||Skrypnikov A.M., Rakhman L.V., Markova M.V., Shpylovyi I.V., Plevachuk O.Yu.
|Type of article
||One of the most important non-specific symptoms of the somatoform disorders is sleep disturbance. The existence of direct correlations between the intensity of pain and other unpleasant bodily sensations and the duration and intensity of sleep disturbances has been proved. The purpose of the study was to analyze the sleep function in patients suffering from somatoform disorders and to develop a complex medical care system for such patients. 96 outpatient subjects with a diagnosis of somatoform disorder (F.45 by ICD-10) were examined. The list of Robbins symptoms was used for a clinical evaluation; Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression was used to assess the emotional state of patients. Ananalysis of the presence and intensity of sleep disorders was conducted on the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index. Patients received SSRI antidepressants as a basict herapy. Patients of the treatment group were additionally treated with cinazepam. A significant improvement in sleep quality from the therapy beginning in patients from the treatment group receiving combined treatment (SSRI antidepressants and cinazepam) was showed, which correlated with a significant decrease in the intensity of depressive symptoms in this group. The combined use of SSRI antidepressants and cinazepam significantly affects the rate of reduction of sleep disorders, unpleasant somatic sensations, as well as symptoms of mental and somatic anxiety, reduces the severity of depressive-hypochondriac symptoms, improves mood and quality of life of patients with somatoform disorders.
||somatoform disorders, depressive symptoms, sleep disturbances
- Burchinskiy SG. Novyye podkhody v farmakoterapii situatsionnoy insomnii. Zhurnal nevrologíí̈ ím. B.M. Mankovskogo. 2017; 5(3-4): 87-94. [in Russian].
- Yakupov EZ, Troshina YuV. Trevoga, depressiya i insomniya — yedinstvo ili avtonomnost funktsionalnykh rasstroystv. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii im. S.S. Korsakova. 2016; 5: 119-24. DOI: 10.17116/jnevro201611651119-124. [in Russian]
- Buysse DJ, Reynolds CF, Monk TH, Berman SR, Kupfer DJ. The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research.PsychiatryRes. 1989 May; 28(2):193-213.
- Chung KH, Li CY, Kuo SY, Sithole T, Liu WW, Chung MH. Risk of psychiatric disorders in patients with chronic insomnia and sedative-hypnotic prescription: a nation wide population-based follow-up study. J ClinSleepMed. 2015; 11(5):543–551. 2015 May 15. Available from: http://jcsm.aasm.org/ViewAbstract.aspx?pid=30019DOI:10.5664/jcsm.4700
- Edwards TM, Stern A, Clarke DD, Ivbijaro G, Kasney LM.The treatment of patients with medically unexplained symptoms in primary care: a review of the literature. Ment Health Fam Med. 2010 Dec; 7(4):209-21.Available from:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3083260/
- Everitt H, Baldwin DS, Stuart B, Lipinska G, Mayers A, Malizia AL, et al. Antidepressants for insomnia in adults. CochraneDatabaseSystRev. 2018 May 14; 5(5):CD010753. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010753.pub2
- Gupta R, Das S, Gujar K, Mishra KK, Gaur N, Majid A. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sleep Disorders. Indian J Psychiatry. 2017 Jan; 59(Suppl 1):S116-S138. DOI: 10.4103/0019-5545.196978
- Gureje O, Reed GM. Bodily distress disorder in ICD–11: problems and prospects. WorldPsychiatry, 2016Oct; 15(3): 291–292.Available from:https://doi.org/10.1002/wps.20353
- Haller H,Cramer H,Lauche R,Dobos G. Somatoform disorders and medically unexplained symptoms in primary care. A systematic review and meta-analysis of prevalence. DtschArztebl Int. 2015Apr; 112(16): 279-87; Available from: https://www.aerzteblatt.de/int/archive/article?id=169164 DOI: 10.3238/arztebl.2015.0279
- Hamilton M. A rating scale for depression. J NeurolNeurosurg Psychiatry. 1960 Feb; 23:56-62.
- Kessler RC, Berglund PA, Coulouvrat C, Fitzgerald T, Hajak G, Roth T, etal. Insomnia, comorbidity, and risk of injury among insured Americans: results from the America Insomnia Survey. Sleep. 2012 Jun 1; 35(6):825-34. DOI: 10.5665/sleep.1884
- Krystal AD, McCall WV, Fava M, Joffe H, Soares CN, Huang H, et al. Eszopiclone treatment for insomnia: effect size comparisons in patients with primary insomnia and insomnia with medical and psychiatric comorbidity. PrimCareCompanion CNS Disord. 2012; 14(4):PCC.11m01296. Available from: https://doi.org/10.4088/PCC.11m01296 DOI: 10.4088/PCC.11m01296
- Robbins JM, Kirmayer LJ, Hemami S. Latent variable models of functional somatic distress. J NervMent Dis. 1997 Oct; 185(10):606-15.
- Pillai V, Roth T, Roehrs T, Moss K, Peterson EL, Drake CL. Effectiveness of Benzodiazepine Receptor Agonistsin the Treatment of Insomnia: An Examination of Response and Remission Rates. Sleep. 40(2):zsw044. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/40/2/zsw044/2740596 DOI: 10.1093/sleep/zsw044.
- Schaefert R, Hausteiner-WiehleC, Häuser W, Ronel J,Herrmann M,Henningsen P. Non-specific, functional, and somatoform bodily complaints. DtschArztebl Int. 2012 Nov; 109(47): 803-13. Available from: https://www.aerzteblatt.de/int/ archive/article?id=132849 DOI:10.3238/arztebl.2012.0803
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(69), 2019 year, 147-152 pages, index UDK 615.214.32:616.8-009.836-085