|About the author:
|Type of article
||ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) is one of the major causes of death and disability in Ukraine as in other European countries. The purpose of the work was to study the efficacy of the manual thromboaspiration (MTA) in patients with STEMI and total occlusion or evident thrombosis of infarctrelated artery. The total of 200 patients with STEMI and total occlusion or evident thrombosis of infarctrelated artery were explored. Main group consists of 100 patients whose primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) include MTA. Comparison group includes another 100 patients with conventional PCI. Baseline features of the patients from both groups were similar. Frequency of reaching ТІМІ 3 blood flow or MBG 3 after PCI didn’t differ significantly between patients (p>0.05 for both). Insignificant trends to better ST segment resolution (72% vs. 83%, р=0.063) and significant better ejection fraction of the left ventricle (48.34±9.39 vs. 52.57±10.44, р=0.003) were observed in the comparison group. Need for the balloon angioplasty was significantly lower in main group (49% vs. 82%, р<0.001). МТА including into ordinary PCI in patients with STEMI doesn’t lead to improvement of the interventions’ results even in cases of evident thrombosis or total occlusion of infarctrelated artery.
||myocardial infarction, thromboaspiration, coronary artery thrombosis
- Lutay MI, Parkhomenko OM, Lytsenko HF, Holikova IP, Greenlaw N, Ferrari R ta in. Patsiyent zi stabilnoyu ishemichnoyu khvoroboyu sertsya v Ukrayini ta Yevropi: rezultaty 5-richnoho reyestru CLARIFY. Ukrayinskyi kardiolohichnyi zhurnal 2018; 4: 19-30. DOI: http://doi.org/10.31928/1608-635X-2018.4.1930 [in Ukrainian]
- Sokolov MYu. Reyestr perkutannykh vmeshatelstv: rasshirennyi sravnitelnyi analiz rezultatov 2016 goda. Sertse í sudyny. 2017; 3:14–31.Dostupno na: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/sis_2017_3_4 [in Russian]
- Shiller NB, Osipov MO. Klinicheskaya ekhokardiografiya. – Vtoroye izdaniye. Moskva: Medpress; 2018. –344 s. [in Russian]
- Fernández-Rodríguez D, Regueiro A, Brugaletta S, Martín-Yuste V, Masotti M, Cequier A et al. Optimization in Stent Implantation by Manual Thrombus Aspiration in ST-Segment–Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 Jun; 7(3):294-300. doi: 10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.113.000964.
- Hartley A, Marshall DC, Salciccioli JD, Sikkel MB, Maruthappu M, Shalhoub J. Trends in mortality from ischemic heart disease and cerebrovascular disease in Europe: 1980 to 2009. Circulation. 2016 May 17; 133(20):1916-26. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.018931.
- Ibanez B, James S, Agewall S Antunes MJ, Bucciarelli-Ducci C, Bueno H. et al. 2017 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation: The Task Force for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J. 2018 Jan 7; 39(2):119-177. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehx393.
- JiaR, Nie X, Li H, Zhu H, Pu L, Li X et al. Impact of attenuated plaques on TIMI grade flow and clinical outcomes of coronary artery disease patients: a systematic review and meta analysis. J Thorac Dis. 2016 Mar; 8(3):527-536. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2016.02.51.
- Jolly SS, Cairns JA, Yusuf S, Meeks B, Pogue J, Rokoss MJ et al. Randomized Trial of Primary PCI with or without Routine Manual Thrombectomy. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 9; 372(15):1389-98. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1415098.
- Kumbhani DJ, Bavry AA. The Rise and Fall of Aspiration Thrombectomy. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016 Jan 25; 9(2):135-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jcin.2015.12.003.
- Lagerqvist B, Fröbert O, Olivecrona GK, Gudnason T, Maeng M, Alström P et al. Outcomes 1 Year after Thrombus Aspiration for Myocardial Infarction. N Engl J Med. 2014 Sep 18;371(12):1111-20. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1405707
- Mozaffarian D, Benjamin EJ, Go AS, Arnett DK, Blaha MJ, Cushman M et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2015 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2015 Jan 27; 131(4):e29-322. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000000152
- Sardella G, Mancone M, Bucciarelli-Ducci C, Agati L, Scardala R et al. Thrombus Aspiration During Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Improves Myocardial Reperfusion and Reduces Infarct Size. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009 Jan 27; 53(4):309-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2008.10.017.
- Sharma V, Jolly SS, Hamid T, Sharma D, Chiha J, Chan W et al. Myocardial blush and microvascular reperfusion following manual thrombectomy during percutaneous coronary intervention for ST elevation myocardial infarction: insights from the TOTAL trial. Eur Heart J. 2016 Jun 21; 37(24): 1891–1898. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehw157
- Sokolov MY, Besh DI, Besh OM, Rafaluk OI, Kapustynskyy OO. The influence of the manual thrombus aspiration on the short term effectiveness of the percutaneous revascularization in patients with coronary artery thrombosis.Wiad Lek. 2018; 71(1-2):140-143. Available at: http://wl.medlist.org/01czii-2018-04/
- Townsend N, Wilson L, Bhatnagar P, Wickramasinghe K, Rayner M, Nichols M. Cardiovascular disease in Europe: epidemiological update 2016. Eur Heart J. 2016 Nov 7; 37(42):3232–3245.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №4(70), 2019 year, 012-016 pages, index UDK 616.127-005.8:616-005.61-089.819.2