|About the author:
||Vesnina L.E., Boriak Kh.R., Sokolenko V.М.
|Type of article
||The problem of weight gain and obesity with the formation of energy imbalance remains relevant especially among children and young people. The paper was aimed at determining the dietary energy intake of young people with normal weight and overweight and its compliance with energy needs. The study involved 84 male and female subjects aged 18-25. Height, body weight, waist circumference, and thighs circumference, and their ratio was determined. According to the body mass index (BMI), 22 women and 22 men (BMI 18.50-24.99 kg/m2) have been assigned to the control group and the group with overweight involved 20 men and 20 women (BMI 25.00-29.99 kg/m2). Nutritional status has been studied by the method of 24-hour nutrition reproduction by making records in the food diary during a weekday and weekend day. The value of the basal metabolic rate was calculated by the Mifflin-St Jeor equation. Was determined the recommended daily energy dietary intake maintains the existing body weight. The obtained data were processed statistically. The development of energy imbalance in people with overweight of both genders, a significant increase in the energy value of the dietary intake compared to controls and in comparison with the recommended daily energy intake has been established. The increase in energy value is accompanied by the altered structure of nutrients due to increased consumption of mainly fats by male subjects with overweight and fats and carbohydrates by female subjects compared to the controls. In men of the control group, the increase in energy value of the dietary intake relative to the recommended daily energy intake is less pronounced compared to subjects with overweight. Prolonged existence of the positive energy balance is the risk factor for the development of obesity and metabolic disorders.
||body mass index, overweight, energy value of dietary intake, energy metabolism, recommended daily dietary energy intake
- Ametov AS, Prudnikova MA. Ozhireniye i sakharnyy diabet tipa 2: sovremennyye aspekty farmakoterapii. Endokrinologiya: novosti, mneniya, obucheniye. 2016;4:16–21. [in Russiаn]
- Boryak KhR, Vesnina LE. Vyznachennya osoblyvostey vplyvu pidvyshchennya masy tila u molodomu vitsi na yakist zhyttya. Visnyk problem biolohiyi i medytsyny.2019; 4(2):390-394. [in Ukrainian]
- Hrynyova MV, Konoval NO. Vplyv zbalansovanoho kharchuvannya u zabezpechenni zdorovoho sposobu zhyttya studentstva. Pedahohichni Nauku. 2013;131:3-5. [in Ukrainian]
- Kaydashev IP. Izmeneniye obraza zhizni, narusheniye energeticheskogo metabolizma i sistemnoye vospaleniye kak faktory razvitiya bolezney tsivilizatsii. Ukrayinskyy medychnyy chasopys. 2013; 5 (97):103-108. [in Russian]
- Kruchanytsya MI, Myronyuk IS, Rozumykova NV, Kish VP, Kruchanytsya VV, Brych VV. Osnovy kharchuvannya. Uzhhorod: Hoverla; 2019. 252 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Nykytiuk DB, Martynchyk AN, Baturyn AK, Safronova AM, Baeva ES, Keshabaiants EE. Sposob otsenki individualnogo potrebelenyia pishchi metodom 24-chasovoho (sutochnoho) vosproyzvedenyia pytanyia. Moskva: FHBUN FYTs pytanyia i biotekhnologii. 2016. 36 s. [in Russiаn]
- Palko NS, Davydovych OYa, Turchynyak MK. Problemy ratsionalnoho kharchuvannya ta prodovolchoyi bezpeky v Ukrayini. Tekhnichni nauky.2017; 18.146-153. [in Ukrainian]
- Chernova NN, Balykova OP, Gromova YeV, Kitayeva LI, Kozhevnikova AYu. Otsenka sutochnogo ratsiona pitaniya studentov meditsinskogo instituta. 2017. Nauchnoye obozreniye: elektron. zhurn. 2017; 4:1-9. [in Russiаn]
- Shevchenko YU, Vesnina LE, Kaydashev IP, Holovanova IA. Vyznachennya vzayemozvyazkiv faktoriv formuvannya pidvyshchenoyi masy tila u molodykh osib. Svit medytsyny ta biolohiyi. 2016; 1(55): 105-109. [in Ukrainian]
- Castoldi A, Naffah de Souza C, Câmara NO, Moraes-Vieira PM. The Macrophage Switch in Obesity Development. Front Immunol. 2016;6:637. 1-11. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2015.00637.
- Dwyer J, Ahluwalia N, Terry A, Moshfegh A, Johnson C. Update on NHANES Dietary Data: Focus on Collection, Release, Analytical Considerations, and Uses to Inform Public Policy. Adv Nutr. 2016;7(1):121‐134. doi:10.3945/an.115.009258.
- Harris Benedict formula for women and men. GottaSport.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-27.
- Mifflin MD, St Jeor ST, Hill LA, Scott BJ, Daugherty SA, Koh YO. A new predictive equation for resting energy expenditure in healthy individuals. Am J Clin Nutr. 1990;51(2):241–247. doi:10.1093/ajcn/51.2.241.
- Pereira HR, Bobbio TG, Antonio MÂ, Barros Filho Ade A. Childhood and adolescent obesity: how many extra calories are responsible for excess of weight?. Rev Paul Pediatr. 2013;31(2):252–257. doi:10.1590/s0103-05822013000200018.
- Sartorius K, Sartorius B, Madiba TE, Stefan C. Does high-carbohydrate intake lead to increased risk of obesity? A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open. 2018;8(2):1-9. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2017-018449.
|Publication of the article
||«World of Medicine and Biology» №3(73), 2020 year, 027-032 pages, index UDK 612.39:613.25